Today is my birthday, March 11. I celebrated my birthday in a rather unusual way because I spent my day with a touch of showbiz. :) I usually spend my birthday on a self-retreat. I consider my birthday a time to contemplate about myself and my life that has been rather than feast on food or spend time with friends, which I do 360 days a year.

I won a prize from a text promo

Last Friday, I received a call from GMA NMI announcing that I would have an opportunity to watch SOP live! Being an avid enthusiast of that TV program, I've been wanting to watch it live and experience what is like watching a live TV program. On this day, that desire materialized. I enjoyed the experience despite the long hours of being there waiting and participating in a lively audience.

I had the chance to watch some Kapuso stars perform like Regine Velasquez, Jaya, Janno Gibbs, Ogie Alcasid, Dennis Trillo, Dingdong Dantes, JayR, Karylle, Kyla, Gian Magdangal, Jolina Magdangal, Aiza Seguerra, Jennelyn Mercado, Rey Valera, Gab Valenciano, Isabella, Karel Marquez, Gerard Santos, Aicell Santos, Harry Santos, Jonalyn Viray, Brenan Espartinez, the Pinoy Pop contenders - Bryan Termulo, John Lui, Maricris, etc., and the Sugar Pop kids. As part of our tour, we went backstage to meet with Dennis Trillo who was launching his very first self-titled album. Dennis was very accommodating; very kind to allow his time to be with us. I'd like to thank Shae & Joan of GMA NMI for attending to us and treating us to Pizza Hut as part of our prize. But more than that, our personal encounter with Dennis Trillo and being able to watch SOP live are the best part of our day.

This birthday celebration is a big deviation from my usual birthday celebration. It's what I wished for anyway - something un-ordinary this time.


My portal to just about anything

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Witness's "Minsan Sa Isang Taon" By Kara David

Funniest Classic Pinoy Jokes That Won't Make You Laugh