Is the Glorietta Blast Reminding Us of Something?

In my other blog (prayonline.blogspot.com), I offered prayers for those who lost their lives in the Glorietta blast. I also wrote my story how I was prevented from going to Glorietta on that day at almost the exact time of the blast. I visited the Memorial tent at the Glorietta and offered some prayers for those who lost their lives.

In the memorial tent, I was reading the names of the departed. Some names caught my attention. There was an Arroyo. Beside it was Marcos. On the farthest left was Tan. The names "Arroyo", "Marcos", and "Tan" are names of political and business icons.

Other names were de Gracia (grace), de Jesus, Cruz (cross), and Petras (Peter, rock, church). Together, it means grace from Jesus on the cross, the rock (or Peter). There was also my namesake Anthony; names like Marius and Maria (namesake of Mother Mary); and Niño (child), a namesake of Sto. Niño, a popular religious icon representing the Child Jesus. Of course, these collection of names are not trying to suggest something. However, if you believe that nothing happens by chance or coincidence, maybe, God is reminding us of something.

Let me relate some of the names to a possible message. Maybe God is reminding us to hold on to Jesus' cross through His Church. By being a child within like His Mother Mary, we will receive His grace.

On a political point of view, I hope the investigation would reveal the truth. If it was an accident, so be it. But if it was not, I hope the government wouldn't conclusively report it as an accident to camouflage the truth. If it was truly an accident, I would feel sorry for the Ayala management. But if it was not but made to appear like an accident, that would be unjust. The more I would feel sorry for the Ayala management because.

The blast has created a stigma in the Glorietta 2. If I were the Ayala management, rather than rebuilding the site, I will convert it into a open space park. Anyway, it's getting cramped at the Ayala Center.

On a lighter side, I can't help sharing this one. It may be meaningless and simply a sheer coincidence. The blast happened on 10/19/2007. If we add them, it's 10/10/9 or 119. Coincidence, reminder, or intention?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I-Witness's "Minsan Sa Isang Taon" By Kara David

Funniest Classic Pinoy Jokes That Won't Make You Laugh